Loretta Breuning is today’s guest on The Segilola Salami Show podcast. Loretta shares with us how she went from being a Professor of Management to studying brain chemistry and creating resources that help people build power over their mammalian brain chemistry.. I assure you, you need to click play now to listen to this most intriguing conversation with Loretta Breuning.
The opening tune on this podcast was sponsored by singer song writer Angela Predhomme and it is from her single HIDDEN WINGS. You can listen to the full track on her website, on Apple Music or on Spotify.
About Loretta Breuning
Dr. Loretta Breuning is Founder of the Inner Mammal Institute and author of Habits of a Happy Brain: Retrain your brain to boost your serotonin, dopamine, oxytocin and endorphin. As Professor of Management at California State University, and as a parent, Loretta lost faith in prevailing theories of human motivation. Then she studied the brain chemistry we’ve inherited from earlier mammals, and everything made sense. So she founded the Inner Mammal Institute and began creating resources that help people build power over their mammalian brain chemistry.
5 things to take away from this episode
Loretta Breuning would like the listeners of this episode of The Segilola Salami Show to take away the following:
1) The brain chemicals that make you feel good (dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin, endorphin) are inherited from earlier mammals.
2) They’re designed to promote survival, not to make you feel good. They turn on when you see a way to meet a survival need. Then they turn off and you have to do more to get more.
3) Your happy chemicals are controlled by neural pathways built from past experience, which is why we all expect to feel good in ways that worked for us in youth.
4) Nothing is wrong with you. Your happy chemicals are not designed to flow all the time for no reason.
5) Fortunately, you can build new neural pathways to turn on your happy chemicals in new ways. Take small steps toward new rewards and repeat. You will blaze a new trail though your jungle of neurons.
About The Segilola Salami Show
The Segilola Salami show is hosted by Segilola Salami who is also an author, freelance writer and blogger. Please click here to see the full list of books written by Segilola Salami.
The show is set in a virtual cafe and is about books and publishing. The aim of the show is to be both educative and informative but in an entertaining way. Guests from all works of life come on the show to talk about the books they have read or written and how books motivated or inspired them. Listeners of the show get to discover new authors and new books as well as learn something new.
The show is published weekly on Tuesdays at 9 am GMT London. Please click here to subscribe to be notified when a new episode is released.
If you would like to appear as a guest on the next episode of the podcast, please click here to book your slot.
If you are an author, blogger or book lover, please subscribe to my authors and bloggers mailing list to find out about new self-published books that need reviews. I send out monthly newsletters with details of authors and their books that need honest feedback.
The podcast jingle used in this episode was provided by Chris Lament.
Please download a FREE copy of Yetunde: An Ode To My Mother by Segilola Salami on Amazon
I would love to know your thoughts on today’s episode “Loretta Breuning: Meet Your Happy Chemicals: Dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin and endorphin”. Please leave a comment below.