DeWandus Johnson Sr. is today’s guest on The Segilola Salami Show. DeWandus shares with us his journey from leaving prison, working as an electrician apprentice to the things he’s learned marketing his first book “Cry Baby Cry…. Or Not.” This helps him share marketing strategies any author, but most especially first-time authors, can apply. I assure you, you need to click play now to listen to this most intriguing conversation with DeWandus Johnson Sr.
If you enjoy listening to this podcast, please consider supporting it
About DeWandus Johnson Sr.
DeWandus Johnson Sr. was born and raised on the West Side of Chicago, in the North Lawndale Community. Involved in the street life at an early age, his first visit to prison was at the formative age of seventeen-years-old. In his adult years, Dewandus decided to leave Chicago. It was time for fresh start and a slower pace, so he relocated to Omaha, Nebraska. Unable to shake his “get it by any means necessary” attitude, he found himself in prison again. While in federal prison, he was introduced to legends of the Chicago lifestyle, and gained knowledge on other ways to live successfully. One particular friendship awakened a new understanding of life for DeWandus, and a new goal was born. His goal is to give unfiltered mental visuals and testimonies about the untold truths of the ghettos of America. As of today, DeWandus has written several books and has plans of writing more in the future. DeWandus’ writing style can be described as live, vivid, and raw.
Please enjoy the first novel published under Royal Roar Publishing LLC and keep your eyes open for the next release, ” All Cried Out!”
At the end of today’s episode of The Segilola Salami Show, DeWandus wants listeners to take this away:
1. I want the listeners to know that Royal Roar publishing is more than a publishing company. We partner with Haccllc.org to help at-risk youths cope with the struggles of inner-city problems.
2. I want them to also know that it’s not your fault when you don’t know but once you are aware your accountability is a must.
3. The listeners should know that I was once a product of the gang, drug and poverty-stricken streets of Chicago.
4. They should know that I attend State Prisons every Wednesday and Saturday speaking to adult men that want to change their lives when they are released from prison about what to look for when they are re-entered into society.
5. Last but not least, I want them to know that time stands still for no one, the only one that is stopping your progress is you. Things will never change for you if you don’t take the first step toward change.
Giveaway by DeWandus Johnson Sr.
Win a $50 Amazon Gift card or one signed copy of “Cry Baby Cry…. Or Not”
DeWandus Johnson Sr. $50 Amazon giveaway…
About The Segilola Salami Show
The Segilola Salami show is hosted by Segilola Salami who is also an author, freelance writer and blogger. Please click here to see the full list of books written by Segilola Salami.
The show is set in a virtual cafe and is about books and publishing. The aim of the show is to be both educative and informative but in an entertaining way. Guests from all works of life come on the show to talk about the books they have read or written and how books motivated or inspired them. Listeners of the show get to discover new authors and new books as well as learn something new.
The show is published weekly on Tuesdays at 9 am GMT London. Please click here to subscribe to be notified when a new episode is released.
If you would like to appear as a guest on the next episode of the podcast, please click here to book your slot.
If you are an author, blogger or book lover, please subscribe to my authors and bloggers mailing list to find out about new self-published books that need reviews. I send out monthly newsletters with details of authors and their books that need honest feedback.
The intro music used in this episode was provided by Chris Lament.
Please download a FREE copy of Yetunde: An Ode To My Mother by Segilola Salami on Amazon
I would love to know your thoughts on today’s episode “DeWandus Johnson Sr: Marketing Strategies For First Time Authors”. Please leave a comment below.