Learn how to manage the unavoidable grind it will take to start turning your dream career into a reality. Rebecca Whiteway is today’s guest on The Segilola Salami Show podcast. Rebecca shares with us how to start, and manage, your own website to begin working towards what you want, with a busy schedule, without burnout. I assure you, you need to click play now to listen to this most intriguing conversation with Rebecca Whiteway.
About Rebecca Whiteway
Rebecca Whiteway is the creator and manager of Rebecca’s Cheer, a website where you can read short stories for free (updated weekly.) She is a twenty-three-year-old aspiring author from Ontario, Canada, and is currently working two jobs to support herself in the meantime. Rebecca is planning to release a self-published e-book sometime in 2021, and she plans to attempt the difficult task of finding a literary agent soon after.
WHAT is your Unique Selling Point?
“I’m young, and I’m busy, just like you—but I’m still working toward changing my life and grabbing the future that I want.”
Please visit my website to get an idea of how I began my venture, and perhaps gain some inspiration for your own.
Facebook PAGE handle NOT profile: @rebeccascheerofficial
Rebecca Whiteway’s tips on How to start, and manage, your own website to begin working towards what you want, with a busy schedule, without burnout.
- Pull on my own personal experience, my own advice, as well as advice I’ve heard over the years
- If you want to get out of your current job, and start following a dream you may have, it is going to take everything you’ve got. You have to ask yourself; what are you willing to sacrifice to achieve your goal? How much do you want what you are working towards? If you don’t want it, you’re not going to get it. And you’ve got to keep your mind positive
- Building a website is easy with any of the many companies out there who do all the heavy lifting for you. Pay a fee, begin with a template, and you’re online
- When burnout evidently does make an unwelcome visit, remember that your body is speaking to you. Sleep, eat, or take a mental or physical break; but don’t overdo it, or you will lose that momentum
- Constantly surround yourself with things that keep your mind on the prize; media, music, people. Never lose sight of what you’re working for, and never stop thinking about ways to improve your brand, and your reach
About The Segilola Salami Show
The Segilola Salami show is an audio podcast talk show hosted by the female Nigerian-British podcaster Segilola Salami who is also an author, freelance writer and blogger. Please click here to see the full list of Yoruba children’s books written by Segilola Salami.
The show is set in a virtual cafe and is a podcast on books and publishing. The aim of the show is to be both educative and informative but in an entertaining way. Guests from all works of life come on the show to talk about the books they have read or written and how books motivated or inspired them. Listeners of the show get to discover new authors and new books as well as learn something new. Also, as the show is set in a virtual cafe, it is a fun podcast to listen to at work, while running or even when driving.
The show is published weekly on Tuesdays at 9 am GMT London. Please click here to review the different ways to listen to or subscribe to this podcast to be notified when a new episode is released.
The Segilola Salami Show is a great audio podcast talk-show for writers and authors. If you would like to appear as a guest on this podcast, please click here for more info and to book your slot.
If you are an author, blogger or book lover, please subscribe to my authors and bloggers mailing list to find out about new self-published books that need reviews. I send out monthly newsletters with details of authors and their books that need honest feedback.
The podcast jingle used in this episode was provided by Chris Lament.
Please download a copy of Yetunde: An Ode To My Mother by Segilola Salami on Amazon
I would love to know your thoughts on this week’s episode “Rebecca Whiteway: Work Towards Your Dream Career and Avoid Burnout “. Please leave a comment below.