Following my lunchtime recipe for Valentine’s day 2021, I thought it would be great to share Dinner Ideas for Valentine’s Day 2021. So if you are looking for dinner ideas to make celebrating Valentine’s Day whilst there’s a global pandemic memorable, then read on …
Dinner Ideas for Valentine’s Day 2021
Main Course (for meat eaters) – Picanha, Mushroom Chimichurri
(serves 4 / 45 mins)
1kg Picanha (otherwise known as the Rump Cap, a delicious butchers cut)
2 lg Flat or Portobello mushrooms (peel & dice)
500g Chestnut or Button mushrooms (remove the stalks, but leave whole if small, otherwise halve or quarter depending on the size)
Small bunch of Watercress
2 Shallots, finely chopped
1 tsp dried mint
1 tsp dried oregano
50ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
20ml Red wine vinegar
50ml My Wave
50ml Fresh Tendrils
- Preheat the oven to 150C
- Place the beef in a dry pan, skin side down & season the meat generously with salt
- Start on a slow heat & render the significant layer of fat, reserving any as it comes out
- Make the Chimichurri, by mixing all the sauce ingredients together, seasoning with salt if necessary. Reserve
- As the fat begins to crisp up, baste the meat with the hot beef dripping
- When the fat is evenly roasted, flip it over & continue to colour the meat
- When browned all over, place in a roasting dish, with a small amount of the fat & place in the oven for 8-10 minutes
- With the pan you have used to brown the meat in, add the prepared mushrooms to the reserved beef fat & cook on a high heat, with a pinch of salt
- When the mushrooms are tender remove from the heat
- When the beef comes out of the oven rest (on top of the mushrooms) for at least 8-10 minutes before carving
- Slice the picanha thinly & plate, interspersed with the mushrooms & cooking juices
- Garnish with some watercress & sauce with the chimichurri. Red Wine is also essential at this stage!
This recipe was sent to me by Orriss & Son. The Orriss & Son Small Batch Sauces bring out the best in any dish, from adding a little tang to midweek meals to impressing family and friends with a dinner party extravaganza. Whatever your preferred usage, these game changing sauces will certainly pack a spicy kick and easily up the gastronomic ante to make mealtimes miles more exciting.
Examples of how Orriss & Sons sauces can work their magic include: as a marinade for fish, meat, vegetables or meat-free substitutes; added during cooking to increase the flavour intensity of a dish; dropped into a dressing to take salads to a whole new dimension; shaken into slow-cooked, braised favourites to cut through the richness of any long cooked dish or simply splashed neat onto a finished recipe to take homemade delights to another level. These incredibly versatile sauces really are the ideal way to customise your cooking and broaden your culinary horizons without having to leave the comfort of your own home!
The Orriss & Son bottles of ‘saucery’ also represents a healthy addition to your plate. A good source of protective antioxidants plus vitamins and minerals, chillies are a great addition to a nutritious, balanced diet. All in all, these three carefully crafted chilli condiments combine authenticity and deliciousness with ultimate convenience and health benefits.
Please note that I have not received any form of compensation for sharing this recipe
Vegan Main Course – Tequila cauliflower steaks (Spice roasted cauliflower steaks with Tequila sauce)
Serves – 2 (or 4) adults
Preparation Time – 20 Mins
Cooking Time – 25 Mins
Chilli Heat – 3
This is a perfect meal for any special occasion including Valentine’s Day 2021.
Ingredients – 100% Agave Reposado Tequila, Lemon Pepper (Salt, citric acid, dehydrated onion, spices, dehydrated garlic, silicon dioxide to prevent caking and Lemon oil), Ground Cumin seeds, Ground Coriander seeds, Chilli flakes
Allergy advice – None
Dietary advice – Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
Caution – Contains alcohol (40% vol)
Net quantity – 110g
This is a really simple dish to prepare. The cauliflower steaks are cooked twice, firstly a brief saute in oil and butter not only adds colour it allows the cauliflower steaks to take on more of the spice flavours. Then the cauliflower goes into the oven with its spice coating whilst you prepare the Tequila sauce.
Please check out the YouTube video below for cooking instructions.
In the meantime, please click here to order your spices and to download your shopping list of other ingredients. I was gifted a pack of spices, so I am sure you know what was included for my Valentine’s day 2021 dinner 😀
Dessert – HATCHA CBD COOKIES
- 175g (6oz) plain flour
- 50g (1¾oz) icing sugar
- 4 tsp Hatcha
- 100g (3½oz) butter, softened, plus a little extra for greasing
- 1 medium egg yolk
- Put the flour, icing sugar and Hatcha into a food processor. Add the rest of the ingredients and whizz to form a soft dough. Shape into a disc, wrap in clingfilm and chill for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 190°C / 375°F / gas mark 5, and lightly grease 2 or 3 baking sheets.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and lightly flour a work surface. Roll out to a 5mm (¼in) thickness, cut out shapes with a 5cm (2in) heart-shaped cutter (or various sizes) and space apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 9 – 12 minutes until lightly golden.
- Leave to cool on the sheets for a couple of minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. These biscuits keep for up to 4 weeks in an airtight container or sealed packet.
I was gifted a small tub of Hatcha powder, so I will be using it to try out this recipe. This recipe was found on the CBD-One website.
Hatcha is a combination of all the finest parts of the cannabis plant milled into a fine powder and is designed to be used in baking or drinks such as smoothies for an everyday natural boost.
The powder – only available in the UK through CBD One – contains naturally high levels of CBD & CBDa, as well as many other cannabis plant compounds, creating an entourage effect for users.
100% organically grown Hemp.
Large serving: ½ teaspoon (1g)
Regular serving: ¼ teaspoon (0.5g)
(1g contains approx 15mg of CBD and CBDa)
Add to your favourite drink or combine with your baking for a healthy dose of CBD. Works best when mixed into a paste with a small amount of water or milk first, before adding more liquid.
Don’t heat above 160°C
Keep out of reach of children
Store in a cool, dark and dry place
What do you think about my Dinner Ideas for Valentine’s Day 2021? Do you have any special Valentine’s day dinner ideas or recipes? Please leave a comment below